- Presently a third year graduate student at The Ohio State, continuing to work with me
- Project advisor for ~12 months
- Primary thesis advisor: B. Scott Gaudi
- Working on the precise characterisation of M-dwarfs in eclipsing binaries as a part of the EBLM program. Our first paper (Duck, Martin et al.) is due to be submitted shortly, based on K2 photometry and HARPS/CORALIE precision radial velocities. A larger study of 100's of TESS light curves is the next project.
- Presently a postdoctoral researcher at Lowell Observatory
- Fullbright scholarship host for 6 months at U Chicago in 2020
- Primary thesis advisor: Amaury Triaud (Birmingham, UK)
- Produced two papers: the discovery of TOI-1259 (Martin, El-Badry, Kunovac-Hodzic et al., 2021), a hot-Jupiter in a binary containing a white dwarf, and the Rossiter-McLaughlin measurement of TOI-1338 (Kunovac-Hodzic, Triaud, Martin et al., 2020), a circumbinary planet host.
- Presently a post-bacc researcher at Ohio State, continuing to work with me
- Supervised 2020 summer research (SURP), 2020-21 senior thesis (download here) and subsequently returned as post-bacc researcher
- Summer project involved circumbinary planet detection with TESS photometry, with the primary challenge being short typically month-long observational windows. Thesis and subsequent post-bacc research on the migration of multi-planet circumbinary systems, with a potential explanation against small circumbinary planets.
- Produced two papers: Fitzmaurice, Martin & Fabrycky (in prep, December 2021 submission planned) and Martin & Fitzmaurice (2021, arXiv)
- Presently a junior (third year) undergraduate at Ohio State
- Supervised 2021 summer research (SURP)
- Worked to apply the STANLEY code for finding small circumbinary planets to a large sample of Kepler eclipsing binaries. Worked on advanced techniques of detrending the data to better reveal shallow transits. A preliminary result is that there is indeed a lower relative abundance of small planets around binaries. An expanded search is in the works and will be published in 2022.